Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm Back! Did ya miss me????

Hello all my blogging friends! I hope this post finds you all well and happy :) I have been so super busy making card and project orders and working on the porch :) That I have not had any time to post YIKES!!! We are 98% finished with the porch I'll post those pitures next week. I AM SOOOO EXCITED that it is almost done. We have a few things we have to detail still. But, the good news is it hasn't leaked during the last 2 moderate storms!
I bet all of you all can relate to this next statement... All the Christmas festivities are in full motion!!!! We have family and friend parties book the rest of the month and I have been working really hard on those projects. I still have to get out my own Christmas Cards lolol.
Last weekend was an ornament swap (My first) It was a lot of fun I've got pictures to share but, I'll have to save that for another post though OK.
Tonight we have a special family holiday party to attend and I made the hostess Yvette (Hi girlfriend :) a really cool gift box. I made the box out of a 12x12 sheet of CS and did that wonderfully easy box with the scoring technique @ 1 inch and 2 inches all the way around and then I  made a custom  divider to separate the gift card purses and envelopes from the 8 pieces of Hersey's Nuggets that I decorated (Yummy) and then there are the 6 Gift Tags. Then I custom made the envelopes for the 6 little purse cards that I cased  from Becky Roberts over at Inking Idaho. I really think this gift set came out really cute I hope she likes it. The Purses have lined paper inside so she will be able to write a little note, and the Gift Tags have a To: & From: piece of paper on the back side of each one.
The Red Polka Dot Ribbon slides off very easily so she can get to her goodies with out a fuss. The box dimension is 8 x 8 the lid is 8 1/8 x 8 1/8. The Gift Tags are 3/34 x 2 1/2. I added a separate 8 x 8 pieces of thin card bord under the divider to make it more secure. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about this project. Have a great weekend I will chat with you very soon OK.

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Yes indeed "full motion"!! I've still got a few more Christmas cards to make and all of them to send, too. But the house is all decorated inside and out. Our Christmas is going to be delayed until January 2nd. That will definitely help with a little extra time for shopping! Love all of your projects today, Patrice.

Carey said...

I have missed ya. I check every day to see if you are back. I know if something was wrong you would have let me know. Welcome back and you came back with a bang. This is wonderful and I know Yvette (hi sweetie) will love it. If not I know someone in MO that would.

Hugs,
Carey and Roscoe (who is enjoying the heck out of the snow)