Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April Workshop

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Hi everyone I hope you had a great weekend and have all settled into another great week.

We had a really fun workshop this weekend, we made 3 cards , I showed the girls how to make beautiful flowers with the  Blossom Petals Punch     and the Build a Blossom Stamp Set (another two step stamping set)
and a really cute and very easy to make Easter Basket ... of course it was filled with Yummy Candy!!!

This week I am so slammed I must, must, must complete my 2 swaps and maybe if I am able get a jump start on the 3rd one!!! Wish me luck .  Then of course I need to make a super card for our Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Hop and there was something else I had to do. Geeze if I don't write things down I will forget..... I'll think of it later I hope????
I remembered (one hour later)!!!! I was commissioned to make a Wedding Favor. I have the idea but need to make a prototype first.

So what I have planned is to show you the cards we made at the workshop one a t a time for the rest of the week or until Thursday at least. Friday is already book (Big Smile)

This is the first card we made. Somehow I got a smudge on my sample and had to add a few pearls to the top left corner to cover up the oops!
I always use what I call a warm up card to get the ladies well ... Warmed Up! This is an example of a Clean and Simple card. No extra  stamping or embossing to the background sheet and or layers. Just plain and simple.
I used the Fast and Fabulous Hostess # 2 stamp set to explain the Two Step Stamping Tech. The only real embellishments on the card are the Bow and the 3 Tiny Tags. I used a scrap of Kraft (Crumb Cake) CS that was embossed with the Lattice Impressions Folder for one of the tags. A small piece of Linen Thread was used to tie the tags to the bow. That's it a nice and easy warm up card.

Did you all have a chance to check out the VC_Rocks Video? http://goanimate.com/movie/0bhg2tcmPync It's really informative and funny. I love the English accent on one of the characters. We are accepting new members starting May 1st so keep and eye out for the invite. http://vcrocks.blogspot.com/

Now it is your turn, go create something fun!

3 comments:

Carey said...

Great card. You know what they say, there are no mistakes in stamping. You can always layer or add more bling over it.

Carey and Roscoe

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful card! Love the big ribbon with the tiny tag accents! :)

Carla said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love the colors, the flower and that big bow with those tags. Fabulous! Hugs,