Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Bookmark Fold Card

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Bzy, Bzy, Bzy, Casey my moms little Min Pin got her first set of shots and a A-OK Check up last Friday. On Monday I took her to get fixed. I thought that little dog would hate me by now (Yikes! Not her again) every time I take her for a ride it's always to the vets office lolol Poor thing, but yesterday she was really happy to see me??? It's a good thing  she doesn't hold a grudge lololol. I could just imagine her nipping at my ankles when I go to visit my Mom!!!

My daughter will find out in the next few days if she will get an apt she is looking at. Pray for her please, we could use the prayers! I'll tell you more about it in a day or so I don't want to get too excited just in case. But What a View!

VC-Rocks starts up this weekend for previous members YIPPEE!!!! New members will be able to sign up beginning May 1st. VC is a lot of fun! This will be my 3rd summer and I have always enjoyed  making new friends and stamping like crazy!!! We have Weekly Challenges, Monthly Swaps, Monthly Blog Hops, Games, Prizes, a Virtual Hotel (with music and pool boys of your choice, it's virtual of course) Classrooms & Make N Takes just to mention a few of the activities. I will have more info as time gets closer to sign ups but if you are interested in a HIGH VOLUME E-MAIL virtual Stampin' Up Convention e-mail me for more info, you will be glad you did.

I got to stamp most of the day today. I finished cutting materials for 3 cards for a class I am teaching this weekend. I just have one more surprise and a couple hostess items to make then I am done. I finished my card for Sketch Frenzy Friday's Blog Hop. I submitted a project for approval and I am working on 2 swaps that I am over due on.

I had a dream about a card with a bookmark in it last night. (Yes I have stamping dreams & Yes I said it out loud) lolol

I don't remember exactly what the card looked like in my dream, but it was a Fancy Fold Card and it had a bookmark?
So this is what I came up with. I hope you like it. If you have any questions please leave me a message and I'll get right back to you. I believe this to be my own design, so please if you would like to CASE it just send them back this way OK. It Folds up small and ties with Cherry Cobbler Seam binding as in picture #1. It has two pockets inside, one for money or a gift card as you will see in picture 2.

Picture #2 holds the bookmark, notice how it faces toward the front and the pretty flower shows! But once open.

as in picture #3 the flowers face the back.

Picture #4 is the back of the card folded all the way out. This view you can see the flower on the book mark.
I cut a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock length wise 4 1/4 x 11. It is scored at 3 11/16ths & 7 5/16ths. Folded up it it 3 3/4th wide and 4 1/4 tall. The Bookmark is 5 5/8s x 2 1/8th.
I used Night of Navy and Red Riding hood card stock, Night of Navy & Soft Suede Classic Ink. The flower is punched from Occasions Mini Build a Blossom Punch, The sentiments are from the Hostess Set Afterthoughts.
I used the New Pre-order DSP Paisley Petals. This paper is really beautiful in person.

That is all there is to it. Now it is your turn to go and create something fun!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oh I love your card... those pockets and bookmark is just fabulous. Beautiful design!!! Hugs,

craftystamper said...

Great design Patrice. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams in cards.

Carey said...

Yep, you know I dream in cards and designs. In preparation for the VC_R I put everything else (LNS) on digest. I already have over 2000 emails that I am behind. I don't think those are going to get read. I have been a kind of busy girl. I love what you have done with the card design. Did our girl get the apt? Let us know.

Love ya,
Carey and Roscoe (hi to the boys)