Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 8/1/14

Hello to all my blogging  friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I am so loving this summer. I think it is because we are finally settling in to our home and neighborhood. When it is too hot out and I've worked up a sweat in the garden I can jump in the pool and cool off. Then sit on our patio dry off while I'm reading a book, then I can make my way upstairs and play in my craft room. I'm taking full advantage of the summer while I can. Life is good.

That's where I am at right now in my craft room. So let's talk about our sketch challenge for few minutes. Kathy Clark created this weeks sketch and it is a pretty one.  Great job Kathy!


I pretty much kept to the original sketch and created this card from it.


It's about as clean and simple as I can get with out going crazy adding more points of interest, texture or do dads to a card- lol.

While we are here let's look at the inside.


My hope was to make a bright and cheery looking summer card for you this week. I finally took advantage of the buy three DSP- (Designer Series Paper) get one free July special that SU was having. Even though I didn't use that much DSP it sure made an interesting focal image on the card. Just a touch of color was all it took.

The little flower vine was fun and really simple to make and it turned out so
pretty. I used the Bird Builder Punch and the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to make it.

Here is a list of supplies I used to create this card.
Next week I am going to try the Stampin' Buddy format in lew of creating this list. Wish me luck!


Stamp Set- Bravo and Really Good Greetings.
Ink- Strawberry Slush.
Card Stock- Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding Bermuda Bay and Whisper White.
DSP-  Confetti Celebration.
Punches- Bird Builder and Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
Embossing Folder- Delicate Designs.
Framelit Dies- Chalk Talk.
Misc- Basic Pearls, White Gel Pen and Tombo Mono Liquid Glue.

I hope you like this weeks sketch and find some time give it a try. We would love to see what you create from it. Add it to our blog page here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Have a great week and try to get some stamp time in. Inky fingers are happy fingers!

Chat soon,
Patrice


No comments: