Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 8/29/14 Kinda Eclectic

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!


I can not believe it is almost the end of Summer? I am so not done with Summer yet! I think it is the Californian in me. Maybe, I require more sunlight than those on the East Coast? Just because it is Labor Day weekend doesn't really mean we have to take the pool down does it???
 Oh well, one bright note, I must add is that Fall will come next and it is so very beautiful here in the Autumn. The weather is perfect now. (too cold for swimming though) the leaves change colors and give us a truly wondrous show of Gods mighty handy work. We don't have anything close to Fall in SoCal that's for sure.

Enough of my chit chat let's get on with the real reason you are here  for our SFF Weekly Sketch Challenge.

This weeks sketch was designed by our fearless leader Kim Innis. Boy did she do a great job on this one. I like all the different shapes and features she added to it.



 


 This is my interpretation of it;



 I had just received my Black and White card swaps from my very talented girls over at VC_Rocks in the mail. The cards were all so beautiful that I just had to use that color scheme as part of my inspiration for this weeks card.

Once I had the colors and the sketch figured out all that was needed to finish my card was the additional elements (stamp set and placement). I thought that the Kinda Eclectic stamp set would be perfect since it has the sun image for the circle element and the sentiment could be used for the rectangle shape.
My card is almost completed at this point.I just needed to add two little strips of DSP in lieu of the Washi Tape feature and the three circles.
I punched three little circles and the center of the sun out of a scrap of Basic Black card stock, using the  1/8" and the 1" circle punches.
I only used Basic Black ink and Whisper White Card Stock on the card. The DSP is called Black to Black and is one of my favorites in this years catalog.

Here is a look at the inside of the card. I just added a little strip of the DSP to tie the front and inside of the card together.

 


 I hope you were inspired by this weeks sketch and the card I created from it.   We would love to see what you come up with as well, so please add it to our blog post here. http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Hope you have a great week and find some time to create something fun!

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: