Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Paper Craft Crew #111 By the Tide

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Here's the truth... I didn't feel like studying earlier today! So, I opted to surf the net and find a card challenge to play! Bad girl, I know! I I know, it will just makes double work for me tomorrow! I'll get it done (fingers crossed) I promise.

Tell me who could refuse this weeks amazing sketch by the paper craft crew's  Card Sketch Challenge #111? Not me!
http://www.papercraftcrew.com/pcccs-111-card-sketch/


It took me a long time to finally get this card the way I wanted it but, I think it came out pretty good.

My inspiration came from an e-mail I received today from the Split Coast Stampers group about a new technique called "Alcohol Marbling". I just happened to have all the supplies needed to create the technique near my desk so, I went for it.  Here is the link to the tutorial.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/alcoholmarkermarbling/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=
 It is a take from an old technique but this new technique seems to be much easier to work with.

Here is my card;


The background ocean scene was the result of creating this new technique. When I saw what my finished product was I immediately thought of the By The Tide stamp set. I really like the pretty Marbling effect that this tech creates don't you?

Here's a look at the inside.


Well I better get to studying and wrap this post up. I only have three chapters this week (thank goodness) so, I could afford to play a little today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.

Chat soon,
Patrice

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, man, this card is so cute! All the little embellishments you did really made it a great card. I would like to go ride the ferry to Galveston now!

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the background you've created with the marbling technique - so perfect for an underwater theme! Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Craft Crew :-)

stampingshanni said...

Such a colourful card and a terrific combination of stamps! I popped over via the PCCC111 challenge this week. Wow!

Unknown said...

Amazing card!!! Great technique for the background and perfect for the theme!!!

Hopped over from the PCCCS blog.