Thursday, September 18, 2014

Paper Craft Crew Sketch # 110

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I hated to say good by to our son, but I know he had a very nice visit!  I spoiled him as much as humanly possible with home cooked meals made with veggies straight from the garden. I even made him a couple home made Rhubarb pies. He really loved those pies (Smile). We took him to the Crystal Caverns,a fun community picnic and a couple Battlefields and  Civil War Memorial sites. Rick, Jeff and a friend Shaun went to play Frisbee Golf one day while I studied. The final day we walked around Baltimore Harbor area and went to a fancy lunch at Phillips prior to his flight back to CA. Boy do they make yummy Crab cakes! The week went by so fast and I miss him already! Next year will come around soon.

Now we are trying to get ourselves back into the swing of things. I found a really cool sketch over at the Paper Craft Crew blog today.
http://www.papercraftcrew.com/pcccs-110-card-sketch/

Here is their sketch

This is what I came up with


For the three major images I chose to use three different sizes of  pumpkins. The three stars were replaced by three leaves. I used almost all the stamps in the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I love all the different elements and shapes that this set has in it. A new set from the Holiday Mini called Fall Fest has another set of wonderful and different images too. I used both pumpkins and leaves from that set in the focal image of this card. I ran the torn scrap of Crumb Cake card stock used for the  background of the focal image through the Woodgrain Impression folder for texture. I double looped a strand of Pistachio Pudding Thick Bakers Twine around the card base and tied a bow with two Autumn Wooden Elements through it to give the card depth. The first and second layers of card stock are Cajun Craze and Pistachio Pudding, The card base is Crumb Cake.

I hope you enjoyed learning about this card and give this super interesting sketch a try.

Happy stamping everyone.
Chat soon,

Patrice

1 comment:

Jan said...

Love your bright and happy card and the pumpkins instead of bubbles - it works so well! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)