Friday, September 5, 2014

Punch Happy

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I created a card for a group of ladies that I swap with on a monthly basis. I don't think I have ever told you the name of our little group? We are called  the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Card Club"  (STCC for short).
We create cards from monthly themes. Last  months theme was to create a card that was stamp-less!!! OMGoodness! What was I going to do with "No Ink" ?
I looked around my stash and pulled out a few (LOL) punches. Well, a few got to be several and well, by the time I was finished I had a whole bunch pulled out. We are a small group of 9 swappers so I could spend a bit more time creating something really fun for them.
I ended up creating a whole outdoor garden scene. I hope they liked it as much as I had fun making it for them.

 Here is the card.


 This is the list of the Punches and the Embossing Folder I used to create all of the images.

First off, all of the foliage pieces were created with the Bird Builder Punch, using Garden Green or Old Olive Card Stock. I cut, tweaked and trimmed the leaves and branches to suit my needs.

The Tree was created with the Woodgrain TI Embossing Folder and the Large Oval Punch. I used Early Espresso and  Close to Coco card stock. Close to Coco is a retired SU color that I just loved. I cut the Early Espresso card stock in half and at a slight slope and made a notch at the top to create a branch effect near the butterfly. I added a large branch to the tree trunk offset at the center of the card so the bird could have a place to rest in it's nest. I tried to match up the impressions so it wouldn't look like it was just put in there.

The Butterfly-  Bitty Butterfly Punch in Rose Red and Blushing Bride.

The Sun was created with the 1" circle and the Boho Blossoms Punches, using Daffodil Delight and Cajon Craze card stock. I cut out the center of the largest flower from the Boho Blossom trio to create the sun's rays and attached that strip to the back of the 1" circle. Then trimmed it to match the corner of the card.

The Owl was created with the Owl Builder Punch. The vest was cut out using a retired piece of unknown DSP.  The eyes were punched in Pool Party, Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie. The little heart was punched in Night of Navy.

The Bird was created using the Bird Builder Punch, using Taken with Teal, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist and So Saffron. I hand cut a little yellow beak and dotted the eye with a black marker.

The Nest was fussy cut out of Close to Coco card stock and attached to the bottom of the bird. I glued one leaf from a branch of the foliage to the back of the nest to make it stationary, then cut the branch off.


The Flowers were created with the Boho Blossom Punch, using So Saffron and Early Espresso for the Sun Flower and Wisteria Wonder and Pink Pirouette for the smaller flower under the owl.

The Sky and The ground were trimmed to fit. I used Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz card stock.

It really was a lot of work, but when I do something with may pieces I find it is much easier to create each element at a time ( 9 Birds, 9 Owls, 9 Trees...) rather then make one entire card at a time.

I hope you enjoyed this "No Ink" card as much as I did and are inspired enough to give it a try.


Thanks for stopping by.
Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: