Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 9/12/14

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I can't believe it is Friday already! Wow, time sure flies when you are having fun!
It's Sketch Frenzy Friday and todays sketch was created by  Jennifer Kay.
 (Three small squares a banner with a fancy border and a large sentiment on the banner)


I made  this card for a friend in CA. Melanie, just got an award at work. I was so proud of her for getting the award because of all the hard work she did to get it!


I wish you could see this card in person! I used Black Embossing Powder on the sentiments and boy do they stand out! Pop is more like it!

Here is a look at the inside. I felt the sentiment really said it all and I didn't need to add all the extra stuff I usually do.


This is a list of all the SU products I used to create this card.

Card Stock- Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Basic Black.
Ink- Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black.
Misc- Scallop Trim Border (Retired) and Black Embossing Powder.

I hope you were inspired buy our sketch this week and find some time to play along with us. We all would love to see what you come up with. Please upload it to our blog site here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

On the Home Front

Our son is here visiting us from CA. I miss our kids (grown children) so much and it is great to spoil him a bit while Rick is here. I asked him if he liked Rhubarb Pie and he said it was his favorite so I showed him our plant. I will make him Peach Rhubarb  later today (Strawberries are not in season here?) WV is so different than CA

I am making him a big pot roast for dinner tonight too. We went to another part of the garden and dug up the last of my onions. He also likes Sweet Potatoes I showed him how to dig those as well as some regular potatoes. Of course how can you have a Pot Roast with out fresh carrots. I had just picked a bag of Pole Beans so we will add that to the dinner too. He thought it was pretty cool that we could just go out into the garden and dig fresh food up and bring it to the table. It made me smile. Here is a picture of our harvest


Pot Roast with fresh veggies and Peach Rhubarb Pie with French Vanilla Ice
Cream. Sounds like an amazing dinner to me. I'm trying to make it so he comes to visit more often. Smile!

Chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Terri said...

Nice card, can easily see making this card with these sets!