Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snow Day

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Wow, the weatherman was right we did get a bunch of snow at least five to six inches so far! That's a good bit of snow for us anyhow lol. It's supposed to start back up again this evening with rain and ice YUCK! I'm done with Winter I mean it is pretty and all... but, I'm not liking the cold! Do you feel the same way?

I made a bunch of cards for a friend this week and thought I would show you  a couple  more of them today. I think I'll show you the flower ones, as it hopefully will get us all in the mood for Spring.


Believe it or not my inspiration for this card came from the Paper Craft Crew blog header! My interpretation of it anyhow. The dress form is from a retired Framlet called Dressed Up. I just loved that set! The large Thinlits Butterfly and coordinating Butterfly Basic stamp set can be found in the Occasions Catalog.

Here is a look at the inside.


I'm not used to such a thin card it doesn't have any full paper layers in it, just the dress form and the butterflies are the only layers. I like it despite the weight and feel of the card and it will mail very easily.

Here is another card I created. There was not any real inspiration just longing! Hurry up Spring!
I drew the three little birds in the background for interest and depth. I cut the stem and leaves for the flower freehand. The flower and sentiment came from the "Crazy about you" stamp set. The more I look at this card the DSP in the background looks more like heat waves (wishful thinking) ha, ha!

Now a look at a very clean and simple inside.


That's all there is for today, if the weather persists I'll be back tomorrow with a few more to show you.

It's 6:00pm and I have a house full of hungry men to feed (Husband and three animals) lol.

Chat soon,
Patrice



No comments: