Sunday, March 1, 2015

Watercolor Bokeh Technique

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

So I gave it a try and I like it! This technique is not very hard to do and the results are very striking. Split Coast Stampers has a video on how create this  technique called Bokeh. I am sure you can find many others who have done great videos as well.

Today I am going to show you the results of my experiments and the cards I created from them.

This example I used Old Olive, Marina Mist and Wisteria Wonder re-inkers.


This is the card I created from this sample, showcasing elegant Pearls
here is a look at the inside.



On this sample  I used Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz and Rose Red re-inkers.

This is the card I created from it using lots of Shimmery Stars, Sequins and Rhinestones


and a look at the inside.


For the final card I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and touch of Tangerine Tango re-inkers. Actually, this was my first attempt and didn't get the watercolor paper wet enough to have the re-inkers run together like they are supposed to do.

Here is the final card from this group using Buttons and Bakers Twine

 
and a look at the inside.


Wow is right! I had fun experimenting with different color combinations and learning how to do this technique. You should give it a try too! It really does provide beautiful backgrounds and interesting looks using various ink combinations.

Stay tuned I have another technique I am going to try using DSP and a White Craft Pad???

Chat soon,
Patrice

2 comments:

Carey said...

Wowza!!!

Love Carey and Roscoe

Krafting Karen said...

lovely cards. I've tried this technique and have not really liked the outcome. I'll be posting my creations this Monday on my blog. Stop by and take a look...maybe you can offer me some advise!