Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday 4/17/15

Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying the wonderful Spring weather and all the gorgeous blooming trees. My neighborhood is full of color it is so nice to drive around town and see everything coming to life again.

My Little Patch of Dirt is getting there too. Almost everything in the garden we planted last year seems to have made it through the Winter. We decided to really expand our garden this year and we have been digging new beds for a couple weeks now. My back, knees and hands are really feeling the effects of our labor. But it is so going to be worth it!

So sorry I have been missing as of late! We only have a short growing season of 180 days on the Eastern Coast. Jeff and I are coming to find out you have to get busy when you can to get it all done and boy have we been busy!

I made a card the week before last and forgot to post it? Last week was a blur but I do have a card for this week and I have already given it away. I am so glad I have to take pictures or I would have forgotten what it looks like! Oh ya, I am the sketch designer this week. Here is this weeks sketch,



and this is what I came up with.


I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set and the coordinating Punch called Blossom to create my floral focal image. I chose Strawberry Slush, Whisper White and Basic Black as my main color pallet. The DSP background is from Back to Black. The sentiment is from a SAB stamp set called Simply Wonderful. I really like the clean lines of the DSP with the bold floral image I think it really makes that flower pop! You knew I couldn't let the center of the flower go without a littlt bit of bling lol.

Here is a look at the inside.


See how different the flower looks without the black background piece? It is amazing isn't it! The sentiment is also from the SAB stamp set Simply Wonderful.

Hope you all have a great week! Enjoy this beautiful time of the year with warmer temperatures and all the lovely spring colors. I love Spring and Fall the best don't you.I don't miss So CA this time of year at all!

Please join us this week and show us what you can create with this sketch. We would love to see it. http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/.

I am going to take pictures of the garden to show you all the work that we are doing.

 Take care and chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

Love it. See ya on VC Rocks.

Carey